Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, March 30, 2009

Back to Back State Champion

Sorry folks you are going to have to suffer through a proud papa moment, this is the only blog I have left to do this on. ;)

Yesterday my oldest son successfully defended his USGA Wisconsin State All Around Title.

As readers of my old sports blog know my son won state last year as a Level 4(the entry level to gymnastics it goes from level 4 to 10) So when we headed out to Hartford Union High School for the state meet we were hoping he could come home as the State Level 5(7yr old age group) State Champ


Well

Mission Accomplished 1st place in the All Around.

1st place P-Bars

1st place Floor

1st place Pommel Horse

he also had a 3rd place a 5th place and a 7th which is the key to the All Around you have to place in every event.

I am so proud of him, this is what practicing 2 hours 4 to 5 times a week with great coaches will get you. He busts his little butt doing something he loves and I am so happy for him that he is being rewarded for his hard work.

I will end this with a couple of videos from yesterdays meet which capped off a great season for the Boy, out of 8 meets he had 5 All Around first places 2 seconds(one he competed sick) and one 3rd a pretty great year. No matter how he does at Regionals next month in Minneapolis.

Before the video I would also like to give a Shout out to my sons club Swiss Turners who were looking at having 4 team 1st places and 2 team 2nd places out of 6 levels it was a pretty good year for our club.







Thanks for letting me brag a little about the boy but remember it isn't bragging if you can back it up ;)

Proud Gymnastics Dad
Chris