Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goodbye, President Bush

Here’s hoping retirement is…well, it would have to be easier, wouldn’t it?

There’s been a lot of talk lately about what Bush’s “legacy” will be – I was sick of that word used in that context back during the Clinton second term, and I’m still sick of it now.

(Does anyone remember: was there talk of Bush I’s “legacy?” Reagan’s? Carter’s?)

Anyway, I hope history takes a good objective look at the man and his policies. If it does, I think he’ll come out looking a lot better than today’s look at him looks.

That’s the gist of my column at FoxPolitics.net today. An excerpt:

In his Pulitzer-prize winning book "Profiles in Courage," John F. Kennedy wrote about eight American politicians who, in the words of this description: "crossed party lines and/or defied the public opinion of their constituents to do what they felt was right and suffered severe criticism and losses in popularity because of their actions."

Somebody tell me how President George W. Bush doesn't fit that description.
Well, he does. Read the whole thing.