Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Senator Nanny

Fran Drescher wants to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate.

You remember Fran Drescher. Best known as the fingernails-on-the-chalkboard-voiced title character on the 90s TV show "The Nanny."



From New York Magazine:
“I was thinking I’d take the next four years to lay some groundwork, but I’m throwing my hat in the ring.” What else makes her a good candidate? “I’m an authentic and honest person,” she said. “And I think Capitol Hill needs more of that.”
Emphasis added. Blogger Robert Stacy McCain remembers seeing Drescher at the Democratic National Convention in Denver:
"My right to choose was taken away when I was given a radical hysterectomy to cure my cancer," Drescher said. "I hate that I lost my right to choose, and you will, too."
I wouldn't mind seeing that kind of honesty and authenticity from a Democrat Senator. It'd be like Joycelyn Elders' second coming!

No, wait, it'd be like Joycelyn Elders, but in a room full of helium, played at 78 rpm!