Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, July 28, 2008

A word about Brett

So Brett Favre gave some interviews over the weekend. I neither saw nor read about them – I wouldn’t even know, if I hadn’t checked in with WTMJ today.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: nothing will interfere with my hero worship of Brett Favre. Well, okay, if he gets caught soliciting underage prostitutes, maybe then. Other than that, though: nothing.

Whether he ends up playing for the Packers this year, playing for somebody else next year, even beating the Packers in the playoffs or the Superbowl. Whether he retires and shuts his mouth. Whether he keeps running his mouth.

He could show up on my doorstep and berate me with a profanity-laced spittlefest right in front of my wife and kids, and I’d still venerate his career and accomplishments. In fact, I’d be more likely to ask for an autograph than to respond in kind.

(Note to self: place Brett Favre rookie card near front door, just in case. And get one of those shiny silver pens.)

Brett Favre is the best player to ever wear the Packers uniform. One of the greatest players ever. An icon. Nothing will ever change that for me.

But he still isn’t bigger than the Green Bay Packers.