Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Monday, July 14, 2008

Good genes

Fraternal brother Mr. Pterodactyl on American Gladiators:

I loved this show in the 90s and I still love it now. I suppose I have the writers' strike to thank for it. The packaging is really cheesy, but the games look like a lot of fun.

Tonight, one of the contestants (there's always two men and two women competing) was introduced as having a former Olympic-class swimmer for a mother, a former major-league baseball player for a father, and an uncle who's a MLB hall of famer. Her name is Tatum Yount. I know who I'm rooting for.
Robin had a brother? Huh. MLB.com lists four Younts - one from the 1930s, one current (2007 only, no stats available), Robin, and Larry, who played in 1971. That would have to be him, right?