Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Assembly Candidate Mike Hahn Called Up for Active Duty

Beloit, Wis. – Mike Hahn, candidate for the 45th Wisconsin Assembly District, announced he will be deployed on September 7th by the United States Army in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Hahn made this announcement at a press conference held this morning at Beloit’s Eclipse Center, where he stated his intention to remain in the race.

“I want to assure everyone that my campaign will continue so that after I have finished serving my country overseas, I can come home and serve the people of this district with the same commitment to duty,” Hahn said.
Hahn is challenging two-term incumbent Charles Benedict for the 45th AD. It's a tough row to hoe, trying to run without actually being here (not to mention missing most of your first year in office), but I know Mike personally, and he's a very smart guy who'd make a great Representative. Temporary absence or not, the 45th would be making a good choice by electing him.