Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Am Hungry

This review x-posted at Blogger Beer.

The Empress and I just came back from watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Nice movie but I suggest you can wait for it come out on DVD or video. I thought it all pretty much an amalgamation of the previous movies. From Raiders & Last Crusade swap commies for nazis, the car-fights were pretty much unsurprising, the Call of Cthullu mystique was somewhat too thick and substituted for a compelling story (I do admit the stories in the first three are not all that deep).

In the last movie there was an allusion to The Raiders of the Lost Ark and so too in this movie. In addition, there is an allusion to another movie(s) that Harrison Ford starred in, this allusion is one of the twists I thought fresh.

What was frustrating about this movie is at the start an interesting antagonism between Dr. Jones and another organization was being set up and that conflict just disappeared into nothingness. It really left me wanting more.

I was glad to hear Indiana Jones was coming out of retirement and returning the screen, on second thought I am thinking he perhaps should have stayed retired.

Oh well, that music is still as good as ever!

Labels: ,