Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Racine Concealed Carry Protest.



Meet Pete Karas. Pete is a member of the Green Party and an Alderman in Racine. Pete hosted a little wing-ding in Racine this afternoon protesting the proposed concealed carry legislation.

Alderman Karas got some free pub from a couple of puff pieces in the Racine Journal Times Web Forums , he was calling for a hundred people to show up in front of the Racine Court House.


Why there? State Senator Cathy Stepp has an office in the building. It was Alderman Karas' hope to convince her to vote no.

I was curious in Rep Lehman would show up. Seems wherever someone shows up with an anti-Stepp sign of late he is not far behind. He did not disappoint.

The crowd was about 70 strong. About a dozen of those were press, with a small group of 5 pro carry persons.


You are looking at the back of Robert Gutsche of the Racine Journal Times. I met Robert at the Cindy Sheehan protest, he covered the event and indicated to me he had hoped there were some anti-Cindy folks there. Robert interviewed the pro carry folks in this photo, I'll be curious to see how he covers them in the morning.

See the gentleman in wheel chair? His sign cracked me up!

How about a closeup?



All the usual suspects were in attendance. The event was quiet with a few "no more guns" chants.

I did find it odd that the two Greenies who showed up to set up the event both drove Japanese cars. I would not plan any protests in Kenosha, they take that seriously down there.

Cathy Stepp did not attend. I can't say as I blame her.

Update: Racine Journal Times story.