Badger Blog Alliance

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Can someone explain something to me please.

How is it the Local BP here in lovely Oconomowoc can raise its gas prices 21 cents from $2.68 to $2.89. I understand they will say it is because of Rita, but I find it hard to believe that the gas supply system from Texas to Wisconsin works that fast. The storm has not even hit Texas yet. I am the biggest capitalist you will find but I smell a rat. Come on after Katrina they drove the prices up above $3 and then with in 2 weeks it fell below prestorm prices. Now they are doing it again. Is this the local gas station owner gouging or the Oil companies or both. This is crazy today they were talking about how Oil supplies are up and demand is down.

So one of you people out there who are smarter than me please explain this so even an unfrozen caveman can understand it.

Regards,
GBfan

Update on this story. I noticed today the station is down to 2.79 since every other station in town stayed at 2.68 I still think someone may have been trying to make an extra buck on the storm hype but what do I know right.